About Me

My photo
I dance under the name Elena. I'm a stripper with the requisite heart of gold, shoes of PVC, and hands full of Mighty Grip. I'm also a graduate student trying to reconcile rapidly approaching grown up responsibilities with my desires to enjoy the hedonism of my youth.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Stay in school, kids.

Tonight I had my worst night ever working at the Oasis Goodtime Emporium. I made a whopping $114 after house fees. On top of that, I owe the club $50 for missing a weekend shift the previous week. (I had told them that I would be out of town, but the club policy is that we have to work a weekend shift in order to work during the following week.) Apparently weekdays after a holiday weekend are notoriously bad. I shouldn't have showed up at all - it wasn't profitable, and in fact, has rather dampened my mojo. I can only hope that taking tomorrow off will let my hustle mojo recover to profitable levels for Friday and Saturday night...

So. My net was $64. For 8 hours of work. That's pretty fucking insulting.

On the upside, it has definitely lit a fire under my ass to focus on school next semester. I love being a dancer, but damn, nights like these make me want to ensure that my sole source of income is never going to be something as inconsistent as dancing can be. I think I actually look forward to getting a "real job" now.

Oh. I did manage to get the DJ to play me "Lotion" by the Greenskeepers. Nobody got the joke. I didn't make shit on stage. Just one of those days...

No comments:

Post a Comment